Note: you must have administrative privileges to install the VPN software on your computer.
Connect to https://cuvpn.cuvpn.cornell.edu/.
After you install the AnyConnect client, the software will be upgraded to newer versions automatically. Allow the client to upgrade, when necessary.
- In the User Name box, enter your Cornell NetID or GuestID.
Note: If you are connecting to a departmental VPN, enter your NetID and the name of the departmental group, for example, pqs665@departmental_group_name.
- In the Password box, enter your NetID password.
- If you see a security warning asking for permission to run an ActiveX control, click Install ActiveX Control or Yes.
- When prompted with a security warning to confirm you want to run the application, click the checkbox next to I accept the risk and want to run this application. Click Run.
- When prompted with a security warning to allow access to the application, click Allow.
- You may be asked to enter the administrator password for your computer.
- If the installer is unsuccessful, you'll see a message with a link for the manual installation. See the procedure to manually install below.
- When the installer is finished, it displays a screen telling you that the VPN software is running and how to access it.
- If the installer is unsuccessful, you'll see a message with a link for the manual installation. Click the link.
- You'll see a message asking if you should save the file. Click Save.
- The file should be saved in the default download folder. Locate the file named anyconnect-win-3.1.04072-pre-deploy-k9.msi and double-click to open it.
- Click Run.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
The AnyConnect software is installed.