New Install of Minitab 16 (Windows)
- Download the Minitab 16.1 installer from the CU Software Mintab page. The file name will be Minitab161.iso. If you are not familiar with the ISO disk image format, please see our online guide How To Work With ISO Files.
- Either mount the disk image or burn the image to DVD and then mount the newly-burned disk. Double click the
application on the installer disk.
- The installer should run normally. Accept the default settings whenever prompted by the installer.
- After the installer finishes running, a Minitab 16 shortcut should appear on your desktop. Double-click the shortcut to launch Minitab.
- On the first time you run the application, you should receive an error message that your license file has expired. That is normal. Continue with the Update License File instructions below...
Update License File for Minitab 16
If your Minitab 16 license has expired, you can update your license without re-installing Minitab:
- Download your current Minitab 16 license file from the CU Software ordering system. The file name will be minitab20110802.lic. For instructions, please see our guide How To Look Up Your Software License Codes.
- Launch Minitab. The program should open a window called Minitab Multi-User License Utility.
- In that window, click the radio button next to
- Click the
- Navigate to the file location of the license file you downloaded in step 1 and click on that file. Click the
. Minitab should finish launching and will now run normally.
Install Minitab in Network Configuration
- Send us a request via e-mail that you want to install Minitab under a network license. Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Your NetID
- Your phone number
- any other details of your request
- When we receive your message, we will authorize you with the manufacturer as a valid Minitab network license holder and will create a Minitab user account for you. We will let you know via e-mail when the authorization is complete. Please allow up to four business days.
- After you receive your authorization confirmation, log in to the Minitab Customer Center.
- On the Minitab Customer Center page, click the link.
- Sign in to your Minitab account.
- If you have already set a Minitab password, please use it.
- If you have not previously set a Minitab password, click the
link. Please do not register for a new account: it will not be authorized for network access.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a license file for a specific order. You will need the product license information that we sent you with your network license authorization message.
- If you no longer have this information, please contact us and we will re-send it to you.
- You should now have a Minitab network license. Enjoy!
- Additional instructions are available at the manufacturer's website.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Minitab Technical Support.
Please contact us if you have any questions.